Transportation is More Fun in the Philippines! If you have never been to the Philippines, this video of various methods of transportation can seem hilarious, but you will witness how people travel and get around this country on a daily basis. People here utilize various methods of transportation, and many do it as a necessity, because they usually have no other alternative. In this video you will see overloaded vehicles, buses, boats and the strangest methods of moving people and goods around, including entire families on motorcycles. Seemingly with all common sense and concerns of personal safety aside, this is just the way it is in the Philippines. Is it legal? In many cases probably not, but enforcement is usually always overlooked. The modes of transportation you will see are not all inclusive as the limits of getting from one place to another is limited only by one’s imagination. I remember once seen a carabao (water buffalo) inserted into a Jeepney (Jitney) backwards, with it’s head protruding outside the vehicle and just watching his own world go by. The carabao seemed perfectly okay with his method of transport (I’m sure he would agree that it was easier than walking), so why would anyone else seem to care? Surprisingly, from a westerner’s way of thinking, the number of injuries and/or fatal accidents related to these choices of transport are relatively low, and probably a resultant of overall slower speeds of travel (and above average driving skills). The liberty to choose how you travel in the Philippines is just another cherished freedom of choice – one that has been lost in most western cultures. However you choose to do many things in the Philippines is usually always acceptable and always easily forgiven in this culture. As a westerner coming to the Philippines to live, I look at it as regaining a lost liberty and to me, it’s just a luxury of living in paradise!
Article Keyword Search
- We’ve Moved
- About Gaisano Grand Malls – Calbayog
- [Video] Life’s Not So Easy in the Philippines
- [Video] Parking – More Fun in the Philippines
- To The Philippines With Love!
- Calbayog City is Growing – Again!
- Haunted? Philippine Folklore – Part II
- New Calbayog City Market [Photos]
- Want Nostalgia? Move to the Philippines!
- Calbayog City Public Market Demolished
- Haunted? Philippine Folklore – Part I
- Comparing Cultures – I Choose The Philippines
- The Philippine Wife – The “Asawa” (Moved to http://retiredinsamar.com)
- Consumer Boom Fuels Philippines Growth
- [That’s Dumb!] Plumbers?
- [Video] Jeepney Magic
- Yesterday Was Good – Today Was Better!
- Honk, Honk, Honk Them Horns in the Philippines!
- America is NOT the Greatest Country…Anymore!
- WOW – The Philippines? Are You Paying Attention?